Total Pageviews

Friday, April 22, 2016

Quote of The Week

"Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people."- Prince

This quote means that nobody knows you more than you know yourself. Not one person in this world can tell you better. You control the pathway to your life, not some other person who is not in your shoes. Dont let yourself think somebody else may know you better.

One example to this quote is when a child is told what their future is before deciding themselves. Some kids may already have a road in life made by somebody else. And no matter what, I don't think a kid would like that. I myself don't exactly know what I want to be when I grow up. Even though I don't know, I'm fortunate for having parents who are completely fine with that. I am almost 14, I have a lot of time to figure it out. I do admit, I get nervous when I see my friends having their future planned ahead of them. It's almost like I'm behind in life. But in reality, that's perfectly normal. I haven't even started high school yet. I just want to explore every possibility before I can come to a final decision.

In the end, there will always be a child who cannot handle their future themselves. I just hope that some parents will understand that their child does not have to be a mini version of them. Don't rush yourself, be who you want to be.

This response is dedicated to Prince. May he rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment