Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Quote of the Week!

"An angry man opens his mouth and shuts his eyes."-Cato


        This quote means that many people tend to not think before they speak. Since this quote is obviously not literal, saying the man "shuts his eyes" means that person just wanted an answer, and didn't open their eyes to see it's right in front of them. This quote is mostly about people being angry, because you get mixed emotions, so either your brain or your mouth works. Most of the time, it's the brain.

       This quote relates to many people, especially people in school. Many friends in my school tend to argue a lot, and when they do it's crazy how they don't think before they speak.  I'm not perfect, I do end up spitting something out in no way I meant to say. A lot of people can relate to this. Maybe you told a secret that wasn't supposed to leave your mouth, or did an action that will be regretful. You will be thinking 24/7 how dumb you are, and that thought isn't pleasant. But, I have a method that many other people use too.

       Before I say something, I ask myself, "Will this affect somebody negatively? Will I regret it? Is it not positive?" I feel having those thoughts before I say something will drastically make a good change. Try to be the person who will affected by your words. If that effect isn't positive, just don't say it!

        In the end, instead of talking too much, try to talk only when necessary. Ask yourself the questions I ask myself, and try to act out how you will feel if the words you were saying were said to you.

 

1 comment:

  1. I'll be positive to ask myself those questions next time I'm in a fight or disagreement! They are very wise and will definitely help avoid further conflict.

    ReplyDelete