Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 17, 2015

Quote of The Week :)

"You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist"- Indira Gandhi

         I feel this quote means that you cannot open up to others, if you yourself are not willing to. You cannot accomplish something if you're close minded. You cannot make peace if you are angry. There are many definitions to this quote, but it really only means one thing. It's really telling you to just be happy. We all had a point in our lives where we had no idea why people were blocking us out, or not accepting us. You think you try your best to be friendly, or to make a good appearance. To tell the truth, you probably aren't. Don’t be offended, I know how you feel!

      This quote really relates to me because in one point of my life, I did have friends. But I didn't feel like they would be there for me on days I needed them the most, or if they would choose me over others. I felt left out of everything. I blamed it on them, for being rude to me, for excluding me. I was completely wrong. The real problem was not that they didn’t open up to me; it’s that I didn't open up to them. They probably didn't know my favorite color or even my birthday, only because I didn’t tell them. It wasn't their fault, it was mine. 

     I started to become happier. I smiled more, looked down less, started conversations. I started to notice people becoming friendlier with me. I had a closed fist, but I started to open it. Right now I'm in 8th grade, and I do not feel lonely anymore. I have friends that are there for me, that know a lot about me. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a perfect life. Sometimes I do feel unhappy, but I try my best to not look down, because that leads to me looking up.


    Here’s my advice, smile more! I know it’s not easy, you can’t change personalities overnight. Still though, if there are moments where you think it’s a right time to smile, just do it! Slowly over time, you will see more people will approach you. Start more conversations; walk up to people with a bright smile on your face! Don’t think that since you are ignored now, it’s going to be like that forever. I bet whoever’s reading this is an amazing person, and just doesn’t know it yet. Everybody has potential, but many just lack showing it! You cannot be friends with somebody that isn't approachable, so just be yourself and be joyful!

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this! Very well written, Hannah! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you described it so well! I can so relate to almost every aspect of this post! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo! I enjoyed this! It is very true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your blog as well as your topic.

    ReplyDelete